We’re Hiring! Do you like…
Working with open minds in an open space?
Treating clients like family?
Helping to grow cool CPG brands to market?
Aligning heritage brands with modern audiences?
Working hard and playing hard?
Being a team player that prefers solutions over drama?
Pulp+Wire is the fastest growing woman-owned CPG creative agency with a core focus on brands in the food, health and lifestyle category.This laser focus and our understanding of the target audience are what make us so desirable to CPG companies throughout North America and the world. We build strong brands that are built upon a focus that lies far above the bottom line. Our main office is in Portland, Maine with satellite offices in Boston and soon to be California. The jobs listed below are full-time in our Portland, Maine office.
Want to be part of team?
Ready to create magic?
BRANDING & PACKAGING DESIGNER
The primary goal of the brand and packaging designer is to help conceptualize, design and produce print and digital projects from project initiation to completion. The designer will also manage their own clients/ projects as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the Brand Manager in presenting the work. The designer also develops print specifications, art directs outside creative resources (photographers, illustrators, developers), attends press checks and sees the creative process from vision boarding through final print production.
Role: Designer to Senior Level Designer
This role reports to: the P+W Brand Manager, and Art Director
Location: Portland, Maine
Experience: 5+ years as a graphic designer with agency and packaging experience
Required Skills: Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and all design programs. Web design and programming knowledge with HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Shopify. Illustration chops, both hand-drawn and computer generated. Lettering and photography skills are a plus!
Quick Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Work with the entire brand team to develop and transform ideas, marketing goals and product concepts into dynamic visual representations
• Activate on and develop the brand vision and push aesthetic boundaries with all clients and brands.
• Ability to manage time, regularly communicate project status and immediately raise schedule concerns
• Design and execute graphic concepts to meet product or campaign visions
• Provide creative direction and oversight on digital, print and social graphic projects
• Proven ability to own designs from initial concept creation to final sign-off
• Design for a wide variety of mediums including logos, packaging, trade show, email, online banner ads, social media graphics and ads, lifestyle images, printed sales collateral, direct mail campaigns and more.
• Ability to carry marketing concepts across multiple pieces as part of a complete campaign.
• Bring thoughtful ideas on how to expand client needs and deliverables as each set of the process.
• Interface frequently with the Brand Manager, Managing Director and Creative Director to constantly evaluate the quality and impact of past, present and future brand work
• Work closely with the entire creative team to provide ideas for photo and graphic outputs for a wide range of projects
• Participate or lead small-scale photoshoots and video production
• Consistently deliver fresh ideas and concepts to keep the brand current and dynamic
• Update and maintain marketing, and sales collateral to ensure brand consistency
• Creative problem solver: be able to define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions and develop marketing and graphic concepts to address the challenge
• Be a leader and provide design guidance to peers and developing designers
• Keep an eye on industry and design trends as well as a continuing knowledge of client industries and sharing relevant knowledge with team, while encouraging and participating in opportunities for professional development.
• Always be looking out for the P+W brand, promoting work, updating our aesthetic and building our presence in the CPG world.
• Support Pulp+Wire’s overall culture, values, and mission, and contribute to an environment that is efficient, positive, professional, proactive, and team-oriented.
• Create, organize and maintain an organized office space – with all designers.
• Take ownership and lead by example to achieve the ideal environment.
• Like pop-culture, dance-offs and can tell a really good bad joke
We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work and like to say thank you often. If you don’t like collaboration, constructive feedback or have a killer sense of humor, please don’t apply.
Interested? Send your cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org use the subject line: Designer Job Application. (failure to follow instructions means we might not follow-up)
Ready to manage the next big brand?
Sometimes both the first responder and the last responder the Brand Manager is tasked with seamless client communication, account management, vendor communication, strategic plan development (including conducting research, making marketing recommendations and creating media plans) and developing account opportunities. This key role is vital to client satisfaction, project efficiency, team unity and, ultimately, the longevity of the client relationship. This role requires a solution driven mindset, with the ability to make fast actionable recommendations on the fly. This role is not for the slow and methodical, this role is about efficiency, multi-tasking and creating both short and long-term brand strategies with the creative team and managers.
Role: Mid-Senior Level Brand Manager
The Brand Manager Works with: Principal, Operations, Managing Director, Art Director, Copywriter and is the first responder working directly with the client to make sure they have everything they need.
Location: Portland, Maine
• 5+ years in an agency setting as a team manager
• Experience with start-ups and mass-market brands in the CPG space
• Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and design programs
• Expert Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, and Powerpoint and Google Business Suite
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and trends
• Solid understanding of Search Engine Marketing, SEO, and Digital Marketing
• Web, video, and photography skills are a bonus
Quick Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
• Brand strategy, writing, research, and building of brand decks
• Strategic thinking and idea generation both for brands and for inner-office flow working with both Operations and Managing Director to uncover areas of growth and efficiency.
• Ability to work closely with the team for group decisions and edits and with autonomy when needed.
• Developing creative briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are completed in alignment with strategy
• Shaping new projects as they come in with the Ops team and directors
• Identifying production resource needs via meetings and the firm’s project management system
• Establishing project timelines with the client at kickoff
• Keeping team members supplied with the information they need to deliver work that is on strategy and on deadline
• Obtaining project approval and sign-off for any new recommendations on existing accounts
• Checking that creative projects meet strategic guidelines provided
• Above all, monitoring the health of the client relationship and keeping them informed
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• An excellent communicator
• Able to arrange and run meetings with direction, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
• Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
• Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
• Capable of hitting daily deadlines
• Be able to manage and adapt to different personalities and working styles
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Identify and communicate opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
• Interpersonal skills a must
• Be a multi-tasking Ninja
• Self-starter who brings innovation and ideas to the table
• Strong team collaboration skills
• Ability to grasp and communicate THE message
• A killer sense of humor
• Be all sorts of amazing (in-person, phone and email)
Only solution driven leaders need apply as work needs to get done, on-time, on-budget, and on-point. We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work and like to say thank you often.
Interested? Send your cover letter, resume and relevant client case studies to email@example.com use the subject line: Brand Manager Job Application. (failure to follow instructions means we might not follow-up)
Work in beautiful Portland, Maine – the way life should be.
3 Weeks vacation/PTO time
Work from home days