Packaging + Brand Designer
The primary goal of the brand and packaging designer is to help conceptualize, design and produce packaging while flexing your branding, strategy, illustration, and digital skills from project initiation to completion. The designer will be able to manage their own clients/ projects as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the Brand Manager in presenting the work. The designer also develops print specifications, attends press checks, has a sharp eye for detail, understands the packaging production process and sees the creative process from vision boarding through final print production.
Role: Mid to Senior Level Designer
This role reports to: P+W Brand Managers, Art Director and Creative Director
Location: Portland, Maine
Experience: at least 5+ years as a graphic designer with agency experience, and a killer packaging, branding, and illustration portfolio.
Required Skills: Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and all design programs. Web design and programming knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Shopify. Illustration chops, both hand-drawn and computer generated. Photography and programming skills are a plus!
Quick Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Work with the entire brand team to develop and transform ideas, marketing goals and product concepts into dynamic visual representations
• Activate on and develop the brand vision and push aesthetic boundaries with all clients and brands.
• Ability to manage time, regularly communicate project status and immediately raise schedule concerns
• Design and execute graphic concepts to meet product or campaign visions with a sharp eye for detail
• Provide creative direction and oversight on digital, print and social graphic projects
• Be able to juggle multiple projects with ease and accuracy while also being able to be subjective and evolve designs from creative to production
• Proven ability to own designs from initial concept creation to final sign-off
• Design for a wide variety of mediums including logos, packaging, trade show, email, online banner ads, social media graphics and ads, lifestyle images, printed sales collateral, direct mail campaigns and more.
• Ability to carry marketing concepts across multiple pieces as part of a complete campaign from design to illustration to web layouts
• Bring thoughtful ideas on how to expand client needs and deliverables as each set of the process.
• Interface frequently with the Brand Manager, Managing Director and Creative Director to constantly evaluate the quality and impact of past, present and future brand work
• Participate or lead small-scale photoshoots and video production
• Consistently deliver fresh ideas and concepts to keep the brand current and dynamic
• Update and maintain marketing, and sales collateral to ensure brand consistency
• Creative problem solver: be able to define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions and develop marketing and graphic concepts to address the challenge
• Be a leader and provide design guidance to peers and developing designers
• Keep an eye on industry and design trends as well as a continuing knowledge of client industries and sharing relevant knowledge with team, while encouraging and participating in opportunities for professional development
• Always look out for the Pulp+Wire brand, promoting work, updating our aesthetic and building our presence in the CPG world
• Support Pulp+Wire’s overall culture, values, and mission, and contribute to an environment that is efficient, positive, professional, proactive, and team-oriented
• Create, organize and maintain an organized office space – with all designers.
• Take ownership and lead by example to achieve the ideal environment.
We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work and like to say thank you often. If you don’t like collaboration, constructive feedback, find fart jokes funny or have a killer sense of humor, please don’t apply.
Send your resume and digital portfolio to jobs(at)pulpandwire.com. Thank you for your interest.
Some Benefits Include:
Work in beautiful Portland, Maine – the way life should be.
3 Weeks vacation/PTO time
Dental & Vision Insurance Options
Work from home days