Ready to manage the next big brand?
Pulp+Wire is the fastest-growing woman-owned CPG creative agency with a core focus on brands in the food, health, and lifestyle category. This laser focus and our understanding of the target audience are what make us so desirable to CPG companies throughout North America and the world. We build strong brands that are built upon a focus that lies far above the bottom line. Our main office is in Portland, Maine with satellite offices in Boston and soon to be California. The jobs listed below are full-time in our Portland, Maine office.
Want to be part of the team?
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER
Sometimes both the first responder and the last responder the Brand Manager is tasked with seamless client communication, account management, vendor communication, strategic plan development (including conducting research, making marketing recommendations and creating media plans) and developing account opportunities. This key role is vital to client satisfaction, project efficiency, team unity and, ultimately, the longevity of the client relationship. This role requires a solution driven mindset, with the ability to make fast actionable recommendations on the fly. This role is not for the slow and methodical, this role is about efficiency, multi-tasking and creating both short and long-term brand strategies with the creative team and managers.
Role: Mid-Senior Level Brand Manager
The Brand Manager Works with: Principal, Operations, Managing Director, Art Director, Copywriter and is the first responder working directly with the client to make sure they have everything they need.
Location: Portland, Maine in office, remote or something in-between.
• 5+ years in an agency setting as a senior brand manager
• Experience with start-ups and mass-market brands in the CPG space
• Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and design programs
• Expert Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, and Powerpoint and Google Business Suite
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and trends
• Solid understanding of Search Engine Marketing, SEO, and Digital Marketing
• Managing web and programming projects and guiding teams through completion
• Knowledge of FDA compliance in packaging is a plus
Quick Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
• Brand strategy, writing, research, and building of brand decks
• Strategic thinking and idea generation both for brands and for inner-office flow working with both Operations and Managing Director to uncover areas of growth and efficiency.
• Ability to work closely with the team for group decisions and edits and with autonomy when needed.
• Developing creative briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are completed in alignment with strategy
• Shaping new projects as they come in with the Ops team and directors
• Identifying production resource needs via meetings and the firm’s project management system
• Establishing project timelines with the client at kickoff
• Keeping team members supplied with the information they need to deliver work that is on strategy and on deadline
• Obtaining project approval and sign-off for any new recommendations on existing accounts
• Checking that creative projects meet strategic guidelines provided
• Above all, monitoring the health of the client relationship and keeping them informed
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• An excellent communicator
• Able to arrange and run meetings with direction, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
• Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in-person)
• Detail-oriented in the context of a fast-paced environment
• Capable of hitting daily deadlines
• Be able to manage and adapt to different personalities and working styles
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Identify and communicate opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
• Interpersonal skills a must
• Be a multi-tasking Ninja
• Self-starter who brings innovation and ideas to the table
• Strong team collaboration skills
• Ability to grasp and communicate THE message
• A killer sense of humor
• Be all sorts of amazing (in-person, phone, and email)
Only solution-driven leaders need to apply as work needs to get done, on time, on budget, and on point. We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work, and like to say thank you often.
Interested? Send your cover letter, resume and relevant client case studies to [email protected] use the subject line: Senior Brand Manager Job Application.
Work in beautiful Portland, Maine – the way life should be.
3 Weeks vacation/PTO time
Work from home days