Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist role executes creative for social media accounts and manages both paid and non-paid social media and content plans. This position is both highly creative and strategic and includes marketing and planning the client’s needs through a variety of online and social channels. Elements of strategic thinking, creative vision, creative execution, implementation and monitoring will be key to this role. Activities in content creation, influencer management, photography, video, web, e-blasts will be asked of this role as appropriate.
The Social Media Specialist reports to the Creative Director, Managing Director and Brand Manager. As assigned, the Social Media Specialist helps to execute the client content and social media plan. Within the agency, the Social Media Specialist is the coordinator for social media and content programs and works closely with all agency personnel in determining project scope, estimating, planning, executing and monitoring assigned projects and deliverables. The Social Media Specialist may have direct client contact and participate in the agency’s new business efforts alongside new brand creative and execution.
This role reports to: P+W Digital Managers, Art Director and Creative Director
Location: Portland, Maine
Experience: at least 3+ years social CPG brand expereince within an agency experience, along with killer content creation work, written and visual.
Required Skills: Experience managing accounts, networking, running influener campaings, giveaways and brand management is paramount. Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and all design programs. Web design and programming knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Shopify a plus.
Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Sound social media / content planning<• Innovative execution of work
• A consistently superior creative product (photography & design)
• Ability to adapt content, creative and voice per client (written content & copywriting)
• Manage and execute social brand executions, giveaways, and influencers, etc.
• Collaboration with the design team on brand activations
• Strategic thinking execution of digital brand needs based on goals and KPI’s
• Drive and aptitude for social media solutions
• Experience in a creative agency or digital agency environment
• Understanding of social advertising, campaign management and optimization practices across major platforms – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram
• Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels, and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
• Weekly/monthly data-driven reporting across several social media platforms
• Organizational capabilities to track progress, execution, and consistency of social advertising campaigns
• Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to facilitate campaign creation
• Ability to self-manage projects under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A Keen design sense and the ability to produce content under the direction of the Account Manager and Creative Director.
• Ability to work with and within Adobe Creative Suite seamlessly
The Social Media Specialist has three areas of responsibility:
1: Creating, Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
• Collaborates in the creation of marketing and creative recommendations and strategies for the client.
• Provide updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats.
• Work with the team in the creation of project specifications.
• Monitors out of scope requests and initiates additional estimates and approval.
2: Team Collaboration, Coordinating, Managing Accounts
• Monitors all activity on assigned projects and communicates the status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
• Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to the Director level as required.
• Monitoring project constraints (schedule/scope/resources)• Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
• In collaboration with the internal team, identify goals and metrics and integrate those metrics into the content development process
• Monitor and analyze online media and other relevant content communications channels
• Prepare reports, with Digital Marketing Manager, summarizing the results of social media campaigns
• Social networking, monitoring and responding on social channels within the brands defined voice and scope
• Monitors work scope against all variables, tracks all assigned projects.
3: Creative Content Development
• Identify content gaps, develop a content plan and manage the editorial calendar
• Create and produce quality, creative content including video and animated graphics
• Strategize and shoot creative; take the lead on creative photoshoots. Select and evaluate content.
• Ability to execute solid creative directions for multiple brands while also identifying strategic + creative opportunities
• Familiarity with content management and editorial processes
• Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings
• Conduct online media, influencer & partnership outreach
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Have a killer eye for detail and a love for all things design and creative
• Able to run meetings with direction, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
• Comfortable talking with clients with a personable demeanor
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Identify and communicate opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
• Solution driven mindset
• Excellent ability to multitask and be a self-starter
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Ability to grasp and communicate THE message
• A teachable learner with a fantastic sense of humor
We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work and like to say thank you often. If you don’t like collaboration, constructive feedback, find fart jokes funny or have a killer sense of humor, please don’t apply.
Send your resume and digital portfolio to jobs(at)pulpandwire.com use Social Media Specialist Application in the subject of your email. Thank you for your interest.
Some Benefits Include:
Work in beautiful Portland, Maine – the way life should be.
3 Weeks vacation/PTO time
Dental & Vision Insurance Options
Work from home days